Saturday

Endometriosis and ThermaCare

Two years ago I underwent surgery to remove an ovarian cyst that had grown to the size of a large grapefruit. During the surgery, the doctors confirmed that I had endometriosis. I was clueless about what that meant. All I knew was that I had/have very painful periods.

After a bit a research on WebMD and talking to my doctor I realized that there is no cure, only treatments. One thing I have found that has helped with the painful and debilitating cramps I seem to get two weeks out of the  month, are the ThermaCare Menstrual patches.

A friend recommended them to me a few years back and they have changed my world. I used to miss work a few days each month because I would be doubled over in pain, unable to move. The ThermaCare patches are discreet and easy to wear. Once side sticks to the inside of your underwear and the side with the heat rest against your skin. They last for 8 to 12 hours and provide constant, soothing heat that makes it so I can function during the day and sleep at night.

You can find them on Amazon.com, at most Walmarts and other grocery stores. They are a bit pricey, but so worth it. There are 3 patches in a box and inside you will find a coupon for next time. There is a printable $3 off coupon found on ThermaCare's website.

I recommend these to all my friends who have painful periods. I hope someone will find this helpful and that these will provide the relief that is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment